Throttle Power Amplifier Unit for the Inter-Loc V
The DS630 Throttle Power Amplifier Unit provides precise control and feedback of a Dyne Systems throttle actuator servo from a Dyne Systems Inter-Loc V dynamometer controller. This Throttle Controller, designed to operate with the Inter-Loc V Controller containing an optional throttle card, allows for a user-friendly interface via the Operator Control Station (OCS).
- An On-board CPU provides closed-loop position control, fault detection, and actuator zero and span functions
- LCD displays actuator position, fault status, setup information, etc.
- Several actuator setup methods are provided. Manual (un-powered) or Jogging (powered)
- Internal capacitor bank contains sufficient stored energy to return actuator to the “zero” position in the event of a power failure
- The DS630 Throttle Power Amplifier Unit is in a 3.5” X 19” rack mounted enclosure
- Sub-D connections are used to interface with the Inter-Loc V Controller
- Fault detection (e.g. actuator stall, power fail, etc.)
- Touch screen control, position feedback, and fault indications, via the DS Operator Control Station (OCS)
- 19” Rack x 3.5”h x 15”d
- 120 V, 1.0 Amps
- 50/60 Hz compatible
- Air Temperature: 0° to 40° C (104° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 95%
- No condensation allowed
The Throttle Actuator consists of a completely enclosed DC motor combined with a planetary gear reduction and optical encoder. The integral planetary gear reduction provides ample torque for actuating the most demanding mechanical throttle systems while the optical encoder provides precise position feedback for optimum control. Combined with Dyne Systems closed-loop throttle controls, this throttle actuator provides precise, repeatable control for position, speed and load modes. Dyne Systems throttle control systems offer an additional level of test automation by eliminating the need for manual throttle actuation.
Throttle Power Amplifier Unit Remote
The Throttle Power Amplifier Unit Remote pendant is required to calibrate any of our stand alone throttle systems. This allows the dynamometer technician to make adjustments to the throttle in close proximity to the device under test. The standard remote includes a 5 foot cable in Sealtight that is terminated to a MS connector and also includes a hanging handle which allows it to be conveniently located on the Actuator Stand (sold separately).
The Actuator Stand works in conjunction with our Actuator Base Plate to give a convenient mounting location for the actuator. All cabling is internal with an exit port at the bottom of the stand.
Actuator Base Plate
The Actuator Base Plate is a useful mounting platform for the actuator that includes an adjustable anchor point for the throttle cable.
Remote Connection Box
The Remote Connection Box is used instead of the Actuator Stand and offers the same electrical connection points including a MS receptacle for the Throttle Power Amplifier Unit Remote that is used for calibration and setup. An extra MS connector shown is used as a jumper to complete the circuit to avoid a soft shutdown fault when the Throttle Power Amplifier Unit Remote is not connected.