Inter-Loc V Multi-Loop Dynamometer & Throttle Controller
The Inter-Loc V is a stand-alone, multi-loop dynamometer controller capable of providing closed loop PID based control for up to three dynamometers or throttle control devices. PID loop rate is 500 times per second. This provides fast, precise, repeatable control, even at rapid transient rates. The Inter-Loc V is modular in design, so only the components required for the specific testing application are integrated into the control system. The basic unit has three slots into which any combination of dynamometer or throttle control modules can be inserted. External instrumentation is connected to the Sub-D connections on each module.
Features of the Inter-Loc V include:
- Parameter based configuration through an object-oriented design making configuration intuitive. Configuration parameters can be easily saved to a file for backup, uploaded into the Inter-Loc V for parameter restoration and printed from a text file.
- Manual operation, configuration, calibration and tuning of the Inter-Loc V is available through the optional touchscreen based Operator Control Station (OCS). The OCS utilizes a keypad for setup functions and insertion of set points, while a touchscreen displays data, status messages.
- Multi-point dead weight calibration and single point shunt calibration.
- Graphical tuning feature that allows all tuning parameters to be quickly adjusted while observing changes to the system response on a graphical display.
- (15) 24 Vdc programmable digital outputs and (5) 24 Vdc programmable digital inputs, which allow integration of test cell control functions.
- Configuration, tuning, and calibration security is available. The security administrator has complete control over which of these features is available to the operator.
Custom Software Development:
An ASCII-text based protocol is available allowing a host computer to automate the operation of the Inter-Loc V controller. The ASCII command protocol is a great choice for many software developers as the implementation is not dependent on any particular programming language or operating system.
- Dynamometer Control Module
- Throttle Control Module
- Analog Isolation Module
- One dynamometer (testing an engine or motor) or single-roll chassis dyno
- One dynamometer and one throttle: Engine or chassis dyno testing with integrated throttle control
- Two dynamometers: Transmission / component testing or dual-roll chassis dynos
- One, two or three throttles: High-performance throttle control or hot bench testing
- Two dynamometers and one throttle: Differential testing with an engine
- Three dynamometers: Differential testing (no engine)
- IL5: 19 x 7 (4U) x 13 in. (483 x 432 x 330 mm)
- OCS: 19 x 5.5 x 5 in. (483 x 140 x 127 mm)
- IL5: 120 V, 3.0 amps
- OCS: 100-240 V, 1.0 amps - 50/60 Hz compatible
- Air Temperature: 0° to 104°F (40°C)
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 95%
- No condensation allowed